Booking a reading with a Psychic Medium can be filled with excitement and nervous anticipation of what will happen. You may wonder, will my loved one even come through? What types of information will be shared or not? I like to validate these feelings as well as reassure you that Mediumship is a healing modality meant to uplift and support you. It's not a cure for grief, but it can provide great comfort and peace on your grief journey.
While there's a potential for personal topics to be touched on, my intention is for a client and their loved ones to receive meaningful connections and loving messages. I enter each reading with compassion and nonjudgmental presence. I read how I like to be read for and do not share future based predictions that elicit unnecessary fear or anxiety.
Remember that mediums are human, and no reading is ever 100% accurate. While this is true, I still believe that the majority of your reading should resonate for you. If a reading isn’t feeling right for any reason, please let your medium know. It’s okay to stop a connection if it doesn’t feel right for you. Mediumship isn't an exact science and it’s possible a reading may not work for many reasons. It’s rare, but sometimes I have to stop a reading if it’s not a good fit that day. Before your Mediumship Reading Here are a few suggestions to prepare yourself and hopefully get the most out of your Mediumship reading:
1. The day of your session you can speak to or mentally invite your loved ones to join you, although they will probably be aware you booked a reading! Keep in mind that sometimes a Spirit loved one you didn’t expect may come to strengthen the energy for the person you are most hoping to connect with.
2. Prepare several questions or intentions you'd like to focus on. Questions are regularly answered without your needing to ask them out loud. I prefer to leave some time at the end of the session for any questions that were missed.
3. Find a quiet place to center yourself, and if you have time, journal or meditate on how you're feeling and what your expectations are. You can honor what you're longing for as well as release what doesn't need to go with you into the session.
The more open and relaxed you feel in your mind and heart, the more fulfilling the reading and the potential for specific details can easily flow. Mediumship is a 3-way communication between the medium, your loved ones in Spirit, and you. I suggest taking a few deep breaths and doing your best to allow the reading to unfold for the highest and best good.
After your Mediumship Reading I hope your mediumship reading feels validating, inspiring or comforting knowing your loved one's presence lives on with you. Here are some reminders to reflect on as well as simple suggestions to support you after your session:
1. Again, it’s normal to feel a mix of emotions before, during, and after the session closes. It’s okay to feel both enlivened and emotional, especially when something touched upon was personal in nature. Still, when you tap into the energy of the Spirit World, it’s encouraging to know there is a healing force flowing and available for you. At its essence, mediumship is healing, and the energy may be felt up to several days after the session.
It's helpful to talk to trusted friends or family members about your reading or journal your thoughts and feelings as they arise. Allow what wants to be released to do so. If you’re in need of professional support, I have a resource list of grief providers I’m happy to share with you. No matter where you are on your journey, you deserve safe spaces to be seen and to express yourself.
2. Notice how you’re connecting with the information over time. When you revisit your notes or a recording of your reading, you may find something you missed the first time. Maybe you need to check with family or friends about things that are unknown. Are there certain messages or pieces of information that “click” more now than in the moment? This is natural, as our minds are processing a lot in a single session. Remember that the heightened and healing experience of mediumship will slowly integrate within you, and different aspects may resonate more with you at certain times.
It’s important to reflect and give yourself time and space to let everything sink in, especially when making any life changes or decisions. Continue to feel into whether the information shared aligns with you and your own intuition.
For my clients, you are always welcome to stay in touch and share your insights & connections with me.
3. Continue your personal connection with Spirit if it feels right for you. Whether that’s through writing a letter to your loved one, creating an altar, a memory book, or simply speaking to them every day, remember that a reunion reading is a powerful catalyst for deeper communication to unfold, but it’s not the only way.
Your loved ones are often reaching out to validate your connection as well. Pay attention to any signs and synchronicities that appear after your reading and make sure to write them down to honor the new language you are learning together.
I deeply hope your reading touches your life in a meaningful way, and that your eternal relationship with loved ones in Spirit continues to bring peace and wellbeing.
All my love,
Have more questions about Mediumship readings? Feel free to use the contact form on the main page to connect. If you are interested in scheduling a private or group mediumship reading with me, you can check out my current offerings here.